Greg Lance – Watkins
By: Constance Watson
Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images
Just when we thought we had left Tony Blair in the sorry past, he last week came back from the dead to haunt us all. And just in case the political landscape wasn’t chaotic enough, into the unchartered waters of Britain’s severance from the European Union waded Blair, with the confidence of a man who could, say, take a country to war and refuse to acknowledge any wrongdoing. But if anything is likely to render an argument to eternal damnation, it is surely Tony Blair. Particularly Tony Blair as some conglomeration of a disciple, a figurehead, and a fool.
In an interview with the New Statesman last week, Blair claimed Brexit ‘can be stopped if the British people decide that, having seen what it means, the pain-gain cost-benefit analysis doesn’t stack up… Why wouldn’t you say, “we took this decision, we took it before we saw what its consequences are; now we see its consequences, we’re not so sure?”’ Because, Mr Blair, that is not how democracy works. He then went on to liken Brexit to a house swap, claiming that the leave vote was similar to ‘agreeing to a house swap without having seen the other house.’
Ironically, though, Blair’s pussyfooting may drum the final nail into the coffin of commitment from the Remain camp, some of whom are increasingly disenchanted with the castrated cries from their former allies. One anecdotal example is Gina Miller, who triumphantly exasperated Brexiteers – and delighted the media – by demanding that parliament approves the government’s decision to trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty. Miller’s energy is admirable, and her gumption is inspiring, but by delaying the inevitable we risk looking weak and indecisive to the EU. In supplanting Cameron – oh wherefore art thou – in favour of Blair, not only do the remainers look weak and indecisive, but also craven. Blair is so disliked that his renaissance and his coronation as a figurehead for the Remain movement threatens to actively repel individuals who want to stay in the bosom of Brussels.
The problem is now that we are, unquestionably, attempting to navigate unchartered political waters. There is no written constitution dictating what we should do and how we should do it. Over 33 million of us voted. 51.9% of those who voted wanted to leave the European Union. The people have spoken. Renegotiating the power of the people, as Blair suggests, in fact undermines the electorate intellectually and constitutionally. To deny the referendum, or to attempt to overturn it, would suffocate democracy.
I voted to stay in the EU. I voted because – obviously – I desperately wanted to stay in the EU. I was bitterly disappointed that the Leave vote won. But the majority of the electorate voted to leave, so leave we must.
There’s an excellent Italian phrase, cavoli riscaldati, which translates to something along the lines of ‘reheated cabbage.’ Cavoli riscaldati is used with
tel: 44 (0)1594 – 528 337
Calls from ‘Number Withheld’ phones Are Blocked
All unanswered messages are recorded.
Leave your name & a UK land line number & I will return your call.
‘e’Mail Address: Greg_L-W@BTconnect.com
ABOUT ME, Details & Links: CLICK HERE
Accuracy & Copyright Statement: CLICK HERE
UKIP Its ASSOCIATES & DETAILS: CLICK HERE
Summary & archive, facts & comments on Ukip: http://Ukip-vs-EUkip.com
General ‘Stuff’: http://GL-W.com
Leave-The-EU Referendum & BreXit Process CLICK HERE
Documents, Essays & Treaties: CLICK HERE
The Hamlet of Stroat: CLICK HERE
Data & The Study of a Wind Turbine Application: CLICK HERE
Health Blog.: CLICK HERE
Chepstow Chat: CLICK HERE
Christopher Story: CLICK HERE
Des Watkins DFC; CdeG: CLICK HERE/
Hollie Greig etc.: CLICK HERE
Psycheocracy: CLICK HERE
The McCann Case: CLICK HERE
The Speculative Society of Edinburgh: CLICK HERE
Stolen Kids, Dunblane: CLICK HERE
Stolen Kids, Bloggers: CLICK HERE
Views I respect & almost Totally Share: CLICK HERE
A Concept of Governance Worthy of Developement: CLICK HERE
Stolen Kids Blogs with links:
Stolen Oyster with links:
Stolen Trust with links:
Stolen Childhood with links:
- I NEVER post anonymously on the internet
- ALL MY BLOGS & WEB SITES are clearly sourced to me
- I do NOT use an obfuscated eMail address to hide behind
- I do NOT use or bother reading FaceBook
- I DO have a Voice Mail Message System
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to answer identifiable eMails
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to phone back identifiable UK Land Line Messages
- I do NOT accept phone calls from witheld numbers
- I Regret due to BT in this area I have a rubbish Broadband connection
- I AM opposed to British membership of The EU
- I AM opposed to Welsh, Scottish or English Independence within an interdependent UK
- I am NOT a WARMIST
- I do NOT believe the IPCC Climate Propaganda re Anthropogenic Global Warming
- I AM strongly opposed to the subsidy or use of failed technologies eg. WIND TURBINES
- I AM IN FAVOUR of rapid research & development of NEW NUCLEAR technologies
- I see no evidence to trust POLITICIANS at any level or of any persuasion
- I do NOT believe in GODS singular or plural, Bronze Age or Modern
- I value the NHS as a HEALTH SERVICE NOT a Lifestyle support
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial or GBH rape.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial, terrorist, mass or for pleasure murder.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial gross child abuse including sexual.
- I do NOT trust or believe in armed police
- I do NOT believe in prolonging human life beyond reasonable expectation of sentient participatory intellectual existence
- I believe in EUTHENASIA under clearly defined & legal terms
- I try to make every effort to NOT infringe copyrights in any commercial way & make all corrections of fact brought to my attention by an identifiable individual
Re-TWEET my Twitterings