Greg Lance – Watkins
THE BRADY HUNCH
Remain campaigner Baroness Karren Brady tells rebel MPs and Lords to back Theresa May on Brexit – saying the PM needs support
The ex-Remain campaigner and Apprentice star said that while she voted to stay in the EU, Westminster now had to get behind the Prime Minister
BARONESS Karren Brady last night urged rebel MPs to trust Theresa May – and support the Government on Brexit in Parliament on Monday.
The ex-Remain campaigner and Apprentice star said that while she voted to stay in the EU, Westminster now had to get behind the Prime Minister.
She said this meant chucking out Labour and Lib Dem amendments to the Brexit Bill in the Commons today.
These demand the PM to guarantee the rights of EU citizens and give Parliament a ‘veto’ on the outcome of Brexit talks before she can trigger ‘Article 50’ and begin negotiations with the EU.
But Baroness Brady said: “I’ve spent my whole career doing deals, negotiating with partners and getting results. The one thing I’ve learnt is you just can’t operate effectively with one arm tied behind your back.
“That’s exactly what the extra restrictions to the Article 50 bill proposed by Labour and the Lib Dems would do.”
She added: “Our departure from the EU is the most important negotiation for generations. The Government needs the support of Parliament, not additional frustration.”
If a majority of MPs vote to throw out the Lords amendments today, the Brexit Bill goes back to the Lords on Monday night.
Peers are then expected to back down – and accept the Government’s legislation in its original form.
This would mean Theresa May is in a position to trigger Article 50 as early as Tuesday.
Baroness Brady voted against the amendments in the House of Lords despite vigorously campaign for remain in the EU last year. At the time she was on the executive team of Britain Stronger In Europe.
Fellow board member Lord Stuart Rose last week said Brits should now get “100 per cent behind the Government” over Britain’s EU departure.
Speaking on Sunday Baroness Brady said: “We all need to get on with the job of leaving the European Union and establishing our place in the world.
“I chose to remain in the referendum, but the people had their say and when the bill to start our departure came to the House of Lords I voted for Britain and opposed these amendments.
“Today I hope MPs do the same.”
Boris Johnson says Russians are capable of hacking our elections
tel: 44 (0)1594 – 528 337
Calls from ‘Number Withheld’ phones Are Blocked
All unanswered messages are recorded.
Leave your name & a UK land line number & I will return your call.
‘e’Mail Address: Greg_L-W@BTconnect.com
ABOUT ME, Details & Links: CLICK HERE
Accuracy & Copyright Statement: CLICK HERE
UKIP Its ASSOCIATES & DETAILS: CLICK HERE
Summary & archive, facts & comments on Ukip: http://Ukip-vs-EUkip.com
General ‘Stuff’: http://GL-W.com
Leave-The-EU Referendum & BreXit Process CLICK HERE
Documents, Essays & Treaties: CLICK HERE
The Hamlet of Stroat: CLICK HERE
Data & The Study of a Wind Turbine Application: CLICK HERE
Health Blog.: CLICK HERE
Chepstow Chat: CLICK HERE
Christopher Story: CLICK HERE
Des Watkins DFC; CdeG: CLICK HERE/
Hollie Greig etc.: CLICK HERE
Psycheocracy: CLICK HERE
The McCann Case: CLICK HERE
The Speculative Society of Edinburgh: CLICK HERE
Stolen Kids, Dunblane: CLICK HERE
Stolen Kids, Bloggers: CLICK HERE
Views I respect & almost Totally Share: CLICK HERE
A Concept of Governance Worthy of Developement: CLICK HERE
Stolen Kids Blogs with links:
Stolen Oyster with links:
Stolen Trust with links:
Stolen Childhood with links:
- I NEVER post anonymously on the internet
- ALL MY BLOGS & WEB SITES are clearly sourced to me
- I do NOT use an obfuscated eMail address to hide behind
- I do NOT use or bother reading FaceBook
- I DO have a Voice Mail Message System
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to answer identifiable eMails
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to phone back identifiable UK Land Line Messages
- I do NOT accept phone calls from witheld numbers
- I Regret due to BT in this area I have a rubbish Broadband connection
- I AM opposed to British membership of The EU
- I AM opposed to Welsh, Scottish or English Independence within an interdependent UK
- I am NOT a WARMIST
- I do NOT believe the IPCC Climate Propaganda re Anthropogenic Global Warming
- I AM strongly opposed to the subsidy or use of failed technologies eg. WIND TURBINES
- I AM IN FAVOUR of rapid research & development of NEW NUCLEAR technologies
- I see no evidence to trust POLITICIANS at any level or of any persuasion
- I do NOT believe in GODS singular or plural, Bronze Age or Modern
- I value the NHS as a HEALTH SERVICE NOT a Lifestyle support
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial or GBH rape.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial, terrorist, mass or for pleasure murder.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial gross child abuse including sexual.
- I do NOT trust or believe in armed police
- I do NOT believe in prolonging human life beyond reasonable expectation of sentient participatory intellectual existence
- I believe in EUTHENASIA under clearly defined & legal terms
- I try to make every effort to NOT infringe copyrights in any commercial way & make all corrections of fact brought to my attention by an identifiable individual
Re-TWEET my Twitterings