DO SEE OUR MAIN WEB SITE
@ CLICK HERE
Greg Lance – Watkins
Blog About The Main Web Site:
The Main Web Site:
Ex-cabinet minister warns UK could stay in EU in all but name
Theresa Villiers, who campaigned to leave, is latest to voice doubts over PM’s approach
The former Northern Ireland secretary Theresa Villiers has warned that Britain is in danger of remaining in the European Union “in all but name”, as senior Conservatives continue to air their differences over Brexit.
Villiers, one of six cabinet ministers from David Cameron’s team who campaigned for a leave vote in the 2016 referendum, has used an article in the Sunday Telegraph to warn against a “dilution of Brexit”.
She becomes the latest high-profile leaver to voice doubts about Theresa May’s approach following a speech last week by Jacob Rees-Mogg, chair of the influential European Research Group of pro-leave MPs, in which he accused the government of being “cowed” by Brussels.
Leavers are concerned about the nature of the “implementation period” after March 2019, which is expected to involve the UK accepting the jurisdiction of European court of justice, and have been alarmed by reports that officials are seeking to extend the period beyond two years.The chancellor, Philip Hammond, enraged pro-Brexit ministers and backbenchers last week by saying in a speech in Davos that the UK’s trading relationship with the EU would change only “very modestly” after Brexit. A backlash in Westminster later forced Downing Street to distance the prime minister from the remarks.
Villiers says she supports “compromise and moderation” in the UK’s approach to the negotiations.
But she adds: “That said, I understand why some are becoming nervous about the current situation. Since the prime minister set out a bold vision in her Lancaster House speech, the direction of travel seems to have gone in only one single direction: towards a dilution of Brexit.
“If the government goes too much further down that path, there is a real danger that it will sign up to an agreement which could keep us in the EU in all but name and which would therefore fail to respect the referendum result.”
She urges May to resist the “immense pressure” to “water down” the approach set out at Lancaster House last January, when the prime minister said Britain would be outside the single market and the customs union.
May has so far largely managed to keep a lid on the divisions within her party over Brexit, but privately ministers admit there are deep differences at cabinet level about how much the UK should hope to diverge from the EU in the future.
The foreign secretary, Boris Johnson, plans to deliver a speech about what he calls the liberal case for Brexit in the next few weeks, potentially sparking fresh discord if it appears to differ from the prime minister’s approach.
To view the original of this article CLICK HERE
Is it really any wonder that our politicians have so little clue regarding how to achieve BreXit when so very few of them understand for a moment how the EU functions, what its foundations are, what its aims are or how its legal system works.
To understand this a little better CLICK HERE
You will have heard the professional EU Bureaucrats endlessly saying the UK must tell us what they want – this is a totally dishonest spin to a British politician, journalist or audience, it is a poor translation of the continental political language.
The bureacrats are saying (to disambiguate):
‘The British team in these discussions, since it is they who have opted out of our EU project (social experiment), must consult the details of the EU Treaties which they signed and then line by line, word by word decide exactly what they want and we will see if that is possible, based upon the letter of the law’.
The British just don’t seem to get it – EU law is based upon Roman law with a heavy overlay of Code Napoleon (as it is in the main drawn up by French Enarcs: Graduates of the Ecole National), thus EU Law is very rigidly founded on two fundamental principles:
1. No subject of the law may do anything and no subject of the law has any rights unless there is a specific law granting them that action or right, where they do not impede the State.
2. The letter of the law is the law, to be rigidly imposed in co-operation between the Police & a panel of magistrates aiming to prove guilt, whilst frequently holding the suspect for long periods without Habeas Corpus whilst evidence is gathered without interpretation or negotiation, precedent or intent being considered.
Now perhaps the problem becomes a little clearer as one realises just how allien to the concepts of Law & Justice this is from a British perspective.
British law is founded on two fundamental principles also, though with no relationship with either Roman Law nor Code Napoleon, in fact British Law is diametrically opposed to EU Continental law.
Compare the 2 basic foundations minded that British Law is founded on:
1. Every subject of the law is empowered to do absolutely anything they wish and has absolute rights of freedom in all aspects save where those actions or freedoms are legally defined and denied for the general benefit of society.
2. The Law shall be imposed by a Civil Police but judged by a Jury of one’s peers where a very clear presumption of innocence until proven guilty is empowered by Habeas Corpus – it will be the duty of the Court under the guidance of its Chairman, usually a Judge or panel of Judges to adjudge & sentence based on Precedent and interpretation of Intent of the Law.
Thus very clearly a great difference can be seem in the disparity between EU Law and British Law – Hence our politicians are trying to function under a total misinterpretation of the Law, they still seem to believe they are in some way negotiating based upon British principles rather than the reality which is that they are bound by EU Laws that have foolishly been signed by a series of relatively good salesmen who have sold the public on trusting them yet have abjectly failed in their duty to find out what it was they were signing, whether due to criminal dishonesty or crass incompetence is hard to tell.
Whilst on the subject of Politicians they would do well to remember that ignorance of the Law is no defence and the fact that the largest vote in British history was split three ways:
1. Those members of the legitimate electorate who excercised their electoral right to withold their vote.
2. Those members of the legitimate electorate who voted unconditionally to Remain in the EU, including those who are sworn to and paid to act in the interest of the EU not that of Britain.
3. The clear and undeniable majority of the voters legally empowered to vote who voted unconditionally to Leave the EU.
It is therefore the clear and indisputable duty of our politicians whether elected or imposed (eg. House of Lords + Bishops) to acquit their duty and enact the democratic wish of the electorate, meanwhile ensuring they act to obtain such a transition in a peacefull and efficient manner to the best of their ability (seems very limited!) in the interest of the Country at large.
Do be minded there was neither a vote nor was there the intent that the British peoples should merely Leave the EU in name whilst continuing to be a vassal to its odious system of law and its hugely damaging terms of membership.
YOU may quibble with the term damaging however may I point out two very clear facts:
1. Clearly had the British peoples believed that EU membership was in general beneficial they would not have voted to Leave, therefore it is clear they deemed it damaging.
2. A measure of that damage is clear when one considers the fact that it will take many years to recover from the damage it has caused, as is becoming daily more apparent to the politicians as they awake from their self interested torpor – already they are admitting that although we joined within a matter of hours it will take at least 4 years to withdraw!
Now lets get on with it and deal with the problems as they may arise whilst taking immediate advantage of the very obvious benefits and opportunities BreXit brings as we re-establish our rights, repatriate our democratic control, re-institute our Justice system, re-envigorate our industry & GDP, restore our borders, retrain our Civil Service, re-enfranchise our NHS, rejuvenate our values & enthusiasm & revivify our can do ambitions whilst repairing our social services for the genuine in need rather than pandering to Socialist requirements to bankrupt the society & our country to fulfil their need to buy votes for their proven catastrophic aims.
tel: 44 (0)1594 – 528 337
Calls from ‘Number Withheld’ phones Are Blocked
All unanswered messages are recorded.
Leave your name & a UK land line number & I will return your call.
‘e’Mail Address: Greg_L-W@BTconnect.com
With an avg. 1.2M voters per MEP & Britain with 16% of EU GDP and 13% of the EU’s population yet having only 8% (if united) say whilst holding less than 3% of the various offices within the EU Do note The EUropean Parliament has no ability to make policy and has a Commission of unelected bureaucrats, thus clearly the EU is not even a pretence of being a democracy!Do note that many senior apparatchicks and even elected politicians speak openly of the ‘Post Democratic era’ with no sense of shame or irony and in complete contempt of the so called electorate – yet The EU & many of its vassal States/Regions are all too willing to slaughter people in Sovereign States, to impose The EU’s chosen brand of democracy on them!Now as President Junker announced in his ‘State of the union’ speech 2017 the aim is to create an EU military force and centralise ever more of the decision making and control!
The imposition of a Government and policies upon its vassal regions such as the peoples of Greece shows just how far from being a democracy the EU is.
There will be little or no change in Britain’s economic position, when we leave the EU, using a better negotiated, customised & updated version of the ‘Norway Model’ as a stepping stone to becoming a full member of the Eropean Economic Area, where all will benefit, as we secure trade relations with the EU’s vassal regions, with an EFTA style status and can trade and negotiate independently on the global stage, as members of The Commonwealth and the Anglosphere.
Do not overlook the fact that politicians have plotted and schemmed since the 1950s and we have actually been vassals of the EU, when it was still using the aesopian linguistics and calling itself The Common Market in the early 1970s, a name the bureaucrats arbitrarily changed to EUropean Union in the early 1990s as they worked towards their long term goals of an ever closer centrally controlled Political and economic Union with its own anthem, currency, flag and rigid central control by its self appointed bureacrats towards a new Empirate –
It will take many years to rectify the mess our political class got us into and we have no other peacefull means by which to extricate ourselves than to depend on that self same self styled elite, who all too often forget they work for us!
One huge benefit of BreXit will be that we can negotiate with bodies like the WTO, UN, WHO, IMF, CODEX and the like, directly, in our own interest and that of our partners around the world, in both the Commonwealth and the Anglosphere at large; rather than having negotiations and terms imposed by unelected EU bureacrats and their interpretation of the rules handed down, as if they were some great achievement of the EU’s!The greatest change and benefit will be political, as we improve our democracy and self determination, with the ability to deselect and elect our own Government, with an improved Westminster structure, see >Harrogate Agenda<.
DO MAKE USE of LINKS,
You will find me on both Skype & Twitter but I do not utilise the attrociously regulated FaceBook nor similar social media.
- I NEVER post anonymously on the internet
- ALL MY BLOGS & WEB SITES are clearly sourced to me
- I DO NOT use an obfuscated eMail address to hide behind
- I DO NOT use or bother reading FaceBook
- I DO have a Voice Mail Message System
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to answer identifiable eMails
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to phone back identifiable UK Land Line Messages
- I DO NOT accept phone calls from witheld numbers
- I REGRET due to BT in this area I have a rubbish Broadband connection
- I AM opposed to British membership of The EU
- I AM opposed to Welsh, Scottish or English Independence within an interdependent UK
- I AM NOT a WARMIST
- I DO NOT believe the IPCC Climate Propaganda re Anthropogenic Global Warming
- I AM strongly opposed to the subsidy or use of failed technologies eg. WIND TURBINES
- I AM IN FAVOUR of rapid research & development of NEW NUCLEAR, Thorium & Psi/Si technologies
- I see no evidence to trust POLITICIANS at any level or of any persuasion
- I DO NOT believe in GODS singular or plural, Bronze Age or Modern
- I VALUE the NHS as a HEALTH SERVICE NOT a Lifestyle support
- I BELIEVE in a DEATH PENALTY for serial or GBH rape.
- I BELIEVE in a DEATH PENALTY for serial, terrorist, mass or for pleasure murder.
- I BELIEVE in a DEATH PENALTY for serial gross child abuse including sexual.
- I DO NOT trust or believe in armed police
- I DO NOT believe in prolonging human life beyond reasonable expectation of sentient participatory intellectual existence
- I BELIEVE in EUTHENASIA under clearly defined & legal terms
- I DO TRY to make every effort to NOT infringe copyrights in any commercial way & make all consequential corrections of fact brought to my attention by an identifiable individual
Re-TWEET my Tweets
Greg Lance – Watkins
Blog About The Main Web Site:
The Main Web Site: